- Malaysians are adhering to the MCO guideliness more so towards Phase 3 as some are practicing a complete lock down of not going out at all and not allowing anyone besides their family members in their homes. In Phase one, only 15% were practicing this, 18% in Phase 2, and currently 19% in Phase 3.
- Majority of Malaysians (3 thirds of them) are only going out to purchase essential home/food items.
- Since the COVID-19 pandemic, Malaysians are now considering allocation of emergency funds (36%), a full medical check-up (37%), and purchase of life/medical insurance (23%).
- 26% Malaysians believe Malaysia will fully recover from COVID-19 with zero new cases reported, beyond June 2020, while 22% say end of May 2020.
- There is a significant improvement in how Malaysians feel from the initial stages of MCO and presently. In Phase 1, only 37% felt relaxed/calm, with an increase to 55% in Phase 2 and further increase to 58% in Phase 3.
- Only 10% say they are not at all concerned about job security during this MCO period.
- 89% are still very concerned about the spread of COVID-19.
- 34% foresee the MCO period to last until the end of May, while 33% say after the month of May.
- A significant decrease on eventual movement outdoors once the MCO is lifted - our first survey during MCO Phase 1 showed 15% who will go on about as usual, while in our current survey during Phase 3, only 9% say they will go on about as usual once the MCO is lifted.
This data is publicly available for use. If you are using this data, you would need to attribute the data to Vase.ai by stating "Survey conducted by Vase.ai. Find the data at "https://vase.ai/resources/the-impact-of-covid19-mco-on-malaysians"
If you would like to participate in surveys and get rewarded, please click here.
If you would like to find out more about our market research services, drop us your contact here.
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
The views and opinions expressed in the report above are an aggregate analysis taken from 1,100 respondents sampled according to Nationally Representative Malaysians of various Industries. This aggregate analysis does not mirror the values and opinions of Vase Technologies Sdn Bhd (1152290-M).
Vase Technologies is the operator of a platform to collect user opinions, and as such will not take any liability for the statements above. In case of any damages or other liabilities arising, no party can be liable as the data above is taken in aggregate.