All Employees working in the Human Resource Department
- 32% of employees within the HR Department say they do not have any experience using a HR digitised platform/application, while 7% say they were using but not anymore.
- Among top reasons employees say their organisations stopped using a HR digitised platform/application is because it was too expensive (44%), the company is small and does not need it (28%), and due to system inefficiency in consolidating all tasks (17%).
- 87% of those who work in companies which have between 150 to less than 300 employees have experience using a HR digitised platform/application, while only 48% have experience in companies with less than 30 employees.
Employees with experience using a HR Digitised Platform
- Employees who currently use a HR Digitised Platform/Application and in the government sector, say they mainly use the solutions for leave management (65%), while those in the private sector mainly use the solutions for payroll (69%).
- 64% of employees say they use HR technology solutions for payroll, while 62% say they use it for leave management.
- 88% of employees feel working in a digital-led environment eases their workload very efficiently.
- Employees who are currently using a HR Digitised Platform/Application say their main challenges are data which is inaccessible offline causing restrictions during power outages (29%), lack of support from the developers to use the platform/application (23%), and time needed to train employees to use the platform (23%).
Employees without experience using a HR Digitised Platform
- Employees who do not have experience with a digitised platform/application and working in the government sector say they feel the current way of recording and storing data is effective and systematic (68%), while those in the private sector feel it is ineffective (50%).
- 60% of employees who do not have any experience with a HR digitised platform/application say their current tool used to record important data is Microsoft Excel Documents.
- 44% of employees who are not using a digitised platform say their current way of recording and storing data is not effective nor systematic, while 56% say it is effective and systematic.
- Employees who feel their current process is ineffective and unsystematic say it is because it is labor intensive (32%), there is insufficient security to ensure the safety of the data (21%), and it is difficult to track and measure the growth or performance (21%).
- Top reasons employees feel their current process is effective and systematic is because they have been using the methods for a very long time with no issues (42%), their company/business is currently small, making the current process sufficient for the time being (25%) and because it is cost-effective (10%).
- Employees who aren't currently working in a HR digital-led environment say they are willing to upskill themselves to keep up with the changes (57%), they think it will be very time-efficient (37%), and believe the accuracy of the data will improve (29%). Only 15% are afraid that digitisation would make their job redundant.
This data is publicly available for use. If you are using this data, you would need to attribute the data to Vase.ai by stating "Survey conducted by Vase.ai in collaboration with Digi-X. Find the data at "https://vase.ai/resources/human-resource-digitization-in-malaysia-are-we-ready"
If you would like to participate in surveys and get rewarded, please click here.
If you would like to find out more about our market research services, drop us your contact here.
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
The views and opinions expressed in the report above are an aggregate analysis taken from 268 respondents sampled according to Malaysian Employees within the Human Resource Departments of various Industries. This aggregate analysis does not mirror the values and opinions of Vase Technologies Sdn Bhd (1152290-M) and Digi-X.
Vase Technologies is the operator of a platform to collect user opinions, and as such will not take any liability for the statements above. In case of any damages or other liabilities arising, no party can be liable as the data above is taken in aggregrate.