In late January 2020, Vase.ai teamed up with Digi-X to learn about the Work Life Balance and Gender Pay Gaps in Malaysia.
Here are some valuable insights from our research:
- 57% say they are very satisfied at their current workplace, while 40% say they are not satisfied and think there is room for improvement. Only 3% say they are extremely dissatisfied.
- Flexible hours (37%), work-life balance (35%) and understanding superiors (30%) are top reasons behind satisfied/happy employees.
- Employees who say they are not satisfied at their current workplace say that salary/financial compensation (58%), training and development (42%) and work-life balance (40%) are areas which could improve.
- Employees who are extremely dissatisfied say their workplace environment is toxic and unhealthy (41%), the organisation is not ethical in their working ways (28%), and their superiors adopt a micro-management style (25%).
- Top reasons employees would switch jobs and move on to a different organisation are for a higher salary/financial compensation (52%), a new environment (34%), and for more lucrative benefits (28%).
- 42% of employees believe that a gender pay gap exists in organisations in Malaysia, while 18% say they do not know.
Digi-X, our partner for this research study, recently launched altHR, a HR Super App for companies created to be more than a HR solution.
Supported by Digi, Malaysia's leading mobile connectivity service provider, altHR focuses on helping Malaysian companies digitalise HR processes and drive better employee empowerment and engagement. Built with features fit for the new normal such as digital sales kits, contactless time tracking, paperless leave and expense management, altHR aims to address the problem of digitalisation for companies of all sizes.
The views and opinions expressed in the report above are an aggregate analysis taken from 1,042 respondents sampled according to Malaysian Census and Malaysian Internet Census data. This aggregate analysis does not mirror the values and opinions of Vase Technologies Sdn Bhd (1152290-M) or Digi-X.
Vase Technologies is the operator of a platform to collect user opinions, and as such will not take any liability for the statements above. In case of any damages or other liabilities arising, no party can be liable as the data above is taken in aggregate.